Year built: 1880

Built by:

Remarks: This chapel was formerly called the “Primitive Methodist Church”

1908

The land that the Primitive Methodist Church rebuilt their chapel
on in 1880, bought from Matthew Jolly, father of William Henry
Jolly, the owner of the bus company for £76.00. In 1908 the
school room was added. Sadly, the last service was held in
August 2000. Although the church still stands, the school room
has been demolished. A number of planning applications to
demolish the building and build houses has been rejected.


This photograph was taken when the school room was officially
opened.